I truly can’t see anyone but Burbank, not only winning, but sweeping this competition. They’re always great, and they’ve dominated every out of state competition for the last 8-9 years, and I doubt they’ll give that up now. Also, their set this year is phenomenal, and I’m sure it’ll blow everyone away!
GC: Burbank In Sync (Sweep)
2RU: Loveland ( BB )
GC: Marysville "Swingers Unlimited" (BV) (BC)
1RU: Burbank "In Sync"
2RU: Loveland "By Request" (BB)
3RU: Whiteland "Rhythm Masters"
4RU: Grove City "Touch of Class"
I KNOW, seems a little risky, but I just have a good feeling about Marysville. I don't feel like you can lose faith in them after the year they've been having. Also, you never know if the California choirs will be a top 5 or 25 type choir until they step out of Cali, and I just feel like Marysville is more than polished at this point in the season and is set up for a successful weekend. Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see Whiteland creeping up the ranks, they've been finishing strong!
GC: Marysville (BV)/Burbank (BC)
1RU: Burbank (BC)/Marysville (BV)
3RU: Grove City
I honestly feel like either Burbank or Marysville can take it all, but if I truly have to choose one to win, my bet is on Marysville. Also, everything from 3RU down is gonna be a bloodbath. Grove City has truly stepped it up this year, and Whiteland, Homestead, and Ross all bring amazing shows with different unique strengths. This comp is gonna be wild!
GC: Homestead “Elite” (BV)
1RU: Burbank “Expressions” (BC)
2RU: Grove City “Class Act” (BB)
3RU: Loveland “Allure”
4RU: Matoaca “Up Front”
5RU: Manchester “Touch Of Swing”
6RU: Whiteland “Expressions”
7RU: Olentangy “She-Notes”
8RU: Bishop Dwenger “Elegance”
GC: Ross “Next Generation (BV)
1RU: Loveland “Revolution” (BC, BB)
2RU: Jackson “Spark Of Class”
3RU: Bunsold “Mini Swingers”
4RU: Bridgeport And Washington “Rivals In Rhythm”
5RU: Hamilton “Cutting Edge”
We are excited to announce the 2019 Fairfield Crystal Classic Schedule and judges!
PAC (Middle School/HS Small Mixed/Collegiate)
- Hamilton MS | Cutting Edge | 8:30a
- Ross MS | Next Generation | 8:55a
- Loveland MS | Revolution | 9:20a
- Jackson MS | Spark of Class | 9:45a
- Bunsold MS | Mini Swingers | 10:10a
- Washington Irving/Bridgeport MS | Rivals in Rhythm | 10:35a
- Fairfield MS (Exhibition) | Little Elegance | 11:00a
- Jessamine HS | Dually Noted | 12:00p
- Norwood HS | The Silhouettes | 12:30p
- Voyager Academy HS | Bull City Lights | 1:00p
- Milton Union HS | Center Stage | 1:30p
- Wright State University | Surround Sound | 2:00p
- University of Cincinnati | Queen City Sound District | 2:30p
- Whitehall Yearling HS | Music Unlimited | 3:15p
- Northwest HS | Knight Lights | 3:45p
- Matoaca HS | High Impact | 4:15p
- Bishop Dwnger HS | Summit Sound | 4:45p
- Fairfield MS (Exhibition) | Rhythm Express | 5:15p
- Preliminary Awards in PAC | 6:00p
- Small Mixed Finalist #1 | 8:00p
- Small Mixed Finalist #2 | 8:30p
- Small Mixed Finalist #3 | 9:00p
- Small Mixed Finalist #4 | 9:30p
- Small Mixed Finalist #5 | 10:00p
Arena (HS Single Gender/HS Large Mixed)
- Manchester HS | Touch of Swing | 8:00a
- Matoaca HS | Up Front | 8:30a
- Bishop Dwenger HS | Elegance | 9:00a
- Grove City HS | Class Act | 9:30a
- Olentangy HS | She Notes | 10:00a
- Burbank HS | Impressions | 10:45a
- Homestead HS | Elite | 11:15a
- Whiteland HS | Expressions | 11:45a
- Loveland HS | Allure | 12:15p
- Fairfield HS (Exhibition) | FortissiBROS | 12:45p
- Ross HS | Legacy | 1:45p
- Manchester | Capital Swing | 2:15p
- Grove City HS | Touch of Class | 2:45p
- Olentangy HS | Keynotes | 3:15p
- Homestead HS | Class Royals | 3:45p
- Burbank HS | In Sync | 4:30p
- Whiteland HS | Rhythm Masters | 5:00p
- Marysville HS | Swingers Unlimited | 5:30p
- Loveland HS | By Request | 6:00p
- Fairfield HS (Exhibition) | Pure Elegance | 6:30p
- Preliminary Awards in Arena | 7:00p
- Female Solo Comp Champion | 8:30p
- Male Solo Comp Champion | 8:35p
- Large Mixed Finalist #1 | 8:45p
- Large Mixed Finalist #2 | 9:15p
- Large Mixed Finalist #3 | 9:45p
- Large Mixed Finalist #4 | 10:15p
- Large Mixed Finalist #5 | 10:45p
- Fairfield HS (Exhibition) | Choraliers | 11:15p
- Final Awards for PAC and Arena in Arena | 11:45p
During the Jr. High, Small Mixed, and Collegiate division competition, all choirs will be evaluated by score sheet from the following four adjudicators: Sherry Randall, Ohio; Jeff Jordan, New York; and Chantz Gould, West Virginia, and Dave Anderson, Ohio.
During the Single-Gender and Large Mixed division of competition, all choirs will be evaluated by score sheet from the following four adjudicators: Johanne McIvor, Massachusetts; Stephen Todd, New York; Jeff Clark, Ohio; and Anne Chapman, Iowa.
Tickets are $15 for Prelims / $12 for Finals / $20 for All Day
VIP Ticket ($20) sales have been extended to February 15th, 2019! This ticket gets you discounts on items throughout the day! Don't miss out! Ticket will not be available at the door.
gc: Manchester/Burbank (bc/bv)
1ru: Burbank/Manchester (bv/bc)
4ru: Grove City (bb)
these are just my predictions. here is some of the reasons why i predicted the way i did: i just saw manchester live at hoa and i was blown away. their show was extremely incredible and their choreography was insane. their record doesnt represent them well at all. burbank is ridiculously amazing so i wouldnt be surprised if they came out on top. they always have great shows and amazing choreo and vocals. i also saw marysville live and they are a force to be reckoned with. impressive balad and energy. loveland is very strong in their choreo. i've never seen them live but i have seen videos and live streams so i am excited to see them battle but from what i've seen and heard their record doesnt represent them well either. i am also extremely eager to see grove city. this competition is going to be a bloodbath.
GC: Burbank (BV)
1 RU: Marysville (BC)
2 RU: Loveland (BB)
3 RU: Grove City
4 RU: Homestead / Whiteland / Ross / Manchester
I'm just now realizing how much of a bloodbath it's gonna be for the last 2 finals spots. I was really impressed with Homestead when I saw them live this last weekend, and their current record really doesn't represent how great their show is. They're very solid vocally, and they have some great technique on their partner choreo! I've never actually seen Whiteland, but they had a very impressive win at Loveland last year so I can't count them out. I think that they'll stand a very good chance at making finals, especially if they do well at Franklin Central this weekend. I watched Ross on the Hamilton livestream and I was really impressed with them! They're continuing to improve the program and it looks like they have a ton of new members this year. They'll definitely be bringing their A-game to Fairfield so they can't be counted out either. Finally, I wanted to include Manchester in the realm of possibility too because I've heard that they have an incredibly entertaining show this year and that they were within about 20 points of Homewood at Clover Hill this weekend! Can't wait to see how this comp turns out, it's gonna be wild.
Don't forget - Crystal Classic VIP tickets are on sale! This sale ends February 1st! The VIP ticket costs the same as the ticket at the door, but gets you discounts for different items throughout the day! Visit www.fairfieldcrystalclassic.com for more information!
So excited that my show choir “Rivals In Rhythm” from WV gets to compete at this competition this year. We usually never compete out of state so I’m excited to get to experience this! And kick some butt too XD
Not exactly news to the folks here but Bishop Dwenger's Choir and Music Boosters are pleased to share that Summit Sound will be returning to the spectacular Fairfield Crystal Classic to defend their championship.
Last year Quinton Davis also won best male soloist and Summit Sound received Best Vocals, Best Choreo and Best Show Design.
Both Elegance and Summit Sound are looking forward to this year's Crystal Classic!